Sex Worker: Still not asking for it by dyke-recovery
I’m a feminist and a sex worker and i am so very, very sick of the “is it rape or theft if you fuck a hooker?” or the i use to get “You work in a strip club you shouldn’t get pissed off when someone tries to touch you, you’re the one working there”. Sorry but this is a service, not the selling of ones’ body or body parts. We own us, we decide how much we do, NOT the client or patron. We have the same rights as every other woman; to feel safe not only in our personal lives but in our work lives. It is not okay to do more than what is agreed to when paying for a service from a sex worker. If you are told no, you are told NO.
If a banker gets robbed did he deserve it because he is a banker? No.
If a soldier is shot during war, did he deserve to be shot purely for being a soldier? No.
Does a psychologist deserve to be verbally attacked because they’re paid to listen to other people’s thoughts? No.
So does a sex worker deserve to have their services abused purely because they are working in the sex industry? No.
Um I’m pretty sure a “sex worker” is just a fancy term for prostitution so I think that deems your argument invalid
Um actually a sex worker is a prostitute, a stripper, a cam worker, a porn star a porn model, a sugar baby so no my fucking argument is not invalid and if a prostitute says “hey man i don’t do x service” THAT DOES NOT GIVE THE CLIENT THE RIGHT TO DO X SERVICE JUST BECAUSE CLIENT HAS PAID FOR A SERVICE AND IF A SEX WORKER OF ANY KIND INCLUDING A PROSTITUTE SAYS NO THE ANSWER IS NO. “NO” DOES NOT BECOME INVALID JUST BECAUSE THE PERSON SAYING NO IS A PROSTITUTE.
What do you expect as a prostitute? In our society prostitutes aren’t respected and while that sucks and it shouldn’t be like that, it is. I think everyone kind of knows that.
So just because society doesn’t respect prostitutes, they saying ‘no’ doesn’t matter? So you think it’s okay for a prostitute to get raped EVEN THOUGH she said ‘no’ just because she gets paid for it and because her job isn’t ‘respected by society’? Because that’s what you’re saying.
No I’m saying that why should someone respect your ‘no’ if you can’t respect society’s ‘no’ to prostitution being wrong. It takes respect to get respect.
This is why I can’t stand feminist.
Even tho I’m pro-prostitution I have to say….fucking owned!!!
Well then no you’re not “pro-prostitution” if you support any rationale that tries to justify raping us. Are you kidding?
Going against societal norms does not justify rape. If I steal something, you don’t get to rape me. If I marry a woman, you don’t get to rape me. If I do drugs, you don’t get to rape me. If I sell drugs, you don’t get to rape me. If I sell a service that you don’t think I should be selling, YOU DON’T GET TO FUCKING RAPE ME!!! Burn in hell if you think otherwise.
I would like to offer you all the male privilege I supposedly have, and in exchange, I ask for nothing but all the oppression you face that so permeates modern society. Surely a great deal, right? Well, believe it or not, I have grown tired of being so terribly privileged. I’d much rather:
- be paid less in exchange for being expected to work less hard than my male colleagues
- be offended by my fellow women voluntarily posing nude for advertisements and magazine covers
- have to think ahead and practice safe sex rather than terminating my pregnancy afterwards
- be at a higher risk of rape, but get to be terribly offended by anyone suggesting precautions with which I can reduce that risk significantly
- be coddled by the entirety of society and somehow make it out to be a horrid offense to me
- get to declare anything inconvenient or offensive to me oppressive and inherently wrong
- be seen as expendable and disposable
- be allowed to show no signs of weakness or human fallibility, essentially being expected to be a perfect being at all times, resulting in constant pressure, stress, and thus a significantly higher suicide rate
- be taken for a brute with criminal urges by default, regardless of my demeanor, attitude and manners, resulting in disproportionately larger conviction rates
- have no word in whether or not I’m gonna be a parent (before you bring up the “no uterus, no opinion” thing, last time I checked, it’s not right to judge one based on physical traits they did not choose, and hell, if I could have an abortion, I much rather would than be stuck with a kid I’m not ready to raise)
- be at a higher risk of literally EVERY violent crime except rape (for which the statistics are roughly equal)
- have the legal system not even recognize my rape as a crime
- have about as much chance to retain parental rights in case of a divorce as a snowball in hell
All in all, I would much rather live with your “I’m theoretically seen as lesser, which gives me immense practical benefits” oppression than my “I’m supposedly better off, which thoroughly fucks me over in practice and makes it trendy for people to hate me” privilege.
You supposedly fight for the same rights that we men have. So surely, this is an offer you cannot refuse… unless you suddenly think you’re better off with your oppression.
Did you just say men and women are raped in statistically equal numbers? No. Get the FUCK out. And rapists actually go for women who are more covered up so take your slut-shamey rape culture shit elsewhere. Also, you must be talkin’ bout them white wimminz because PoC women don’t get coddled for shit. Go do me a favor and play in traffic. Please.
I think the concept of virginity was created by men who thought their penises were so important it changes who a woman is.
realist shit I have ever read.
Cause its not like men can be virgins too or anything.
But a man losing his virginity is something to be celebrated, while a woman losing her virginity to anyone but her ~husband makes her the Whore of Babylon. Even if it’s taken by force. Don’t act like you don’t understand, perv. Women are still being killed for not being virgins on their wedding day in some places.
Shoutout to the 32 year old man who everyone seems to be forgetting when they openly bash Amanda Todd.
Shoutout to the 32 year old man who asked a 12 year old to “flash” him on the internet.
Shoutout to the 32 year old man who blackmailed a child, telling her she could either “put on a show” for him, or he’d release the pictures of her naked, 12 year old self.
Shoutout to the 32 year old man who has made postings on child pornography sites.
Shoutout to the 32 year old man who stalked this child, found out where she lives, who she was friends with and what school she went to.
And hey. Props to all you people saying she brought it on herself. I’m glad you seem to think that victims of sexual assault “bring it on themselves”. I’m glad you forget the pedophile who, judging by his record, seems to be pretty experienced at luring young girls on the internet. I’m glad that you blame a child for the abuse and torment she had to deal with.
Congratulations. Really, you should all be so proud. Keep the misogynistic bullshit rolling with the never ending argument that the victim is the one who should be blamed. That girls are sluts and boys are just having good fun. Well done. Clap for you guys.
They keep fucking talking like I am about to fucking cry. No fuck that I am crying please just make them stop…
I hate people I am so fucking triggered right now.
So tell me. How far can I walk on my own at night? How many metres, exactly, can I walk unaccompanied without having to fear for my life?
How many drinks am I, an adult woman, allowed to have after work on Friday night before being dismissed as a “party girl” or “asking for it”? How high can my heels be, and how short a skirt can I wear, before being implicated in any crime against me? And, just so that I’m clear, how many metres can I walk to get myself home?
And if something happened to me, how harshly would I be judged? If I vanished on that walk to my front door, what would you have to say about me? Would I be tut-tutted at for not accepting the offer of an escort home? Would idiots take to Facebook to admonish me for supposedly leading some guy on?
Would do-gooders and commentators and Twitterati-types take my parents to task for not raising me to act sensibly? Would they lambast my friends and lovers for not taking adequate care of me? Would everyone in my life suffer because I exceeded my allocated metres of solo walking?
Would every media outlet in the country view my disappearance as an opportunity to point out that, as it happens, women have more to fear in our world than men?
Would you, quietly, at the back of your mind, think that if I’d just stayed home with my partner, like a good wife and woman, none of this would have happened to me?
Are you just looking for one big, smug fucking excuse to say that you told me so?
And just so that we’re absolutely fucking clear, how many metres am I allowed to walk on my own at night?”
Korean poster which has been making it’s way around
Protesting sexual harassment and violence against women
ETIQUETTE FOR MEN AT NIGHT
- Remember that your presence can be threatening to women walking alone at night
- If a woman is walking in front of you alone at night, slow down. You walking quickly or speeding up can be and in most cases is threatening
- If you’ve been drinking and are drunk, go straight home.
- Do not pick a fight or aggravate women walking at night
- Do not take off your clothes or publicly urinate
- Be careful to make sure you do not touch or hit someone, even on accident.
- If, late at night, you come to a situation in which you and a woman have to ride an elevator together, let her go up first and wait for the elevator to come back down.
- If there’s a woman in a public restroom (There are Korean public restrooms with no gender or sex markings that are open to all people), wait for her to finish and come out first before using the restroom.
- Report broken streetlights to the police
- Tell other men about these rules and that they have a responsibility to not threaten women walking at night
THIS! This needs to printed and put up frikkin’ everywhere.
I love number seven. Scratch that, I love all of these.
· 51% of the boys and 41% of the girls said forced sex was acceptable if the boy, “spent a lot of money” on the girl;
· 31% of the boys and 32% of the girls said it was acceptable for a man to rape a woman with past sexual experience;
· 87% of boys and 79% of girls said sexual assault was acceptable if the man and the woman were married;
· 65% of the boys and 47% of the girls said it was acceptable for a boy to rape a girl if they had been dating for more than six months.”
This is fucking scary, and it shows that we do live in a “rape culture” in which abusers and rapists have little idea that they are doing something wrong. My abuser didn’t….
This is scary as fuck…